La Mesa Wrongful Termination Claims Lawyer
Unless otherwise specified in a contract, employment in California is at wil generally, it can be terminated at the will of the empliyer. However, there are exceptions; a termination cannot violate a public law or an established policy. At Freeland Law APC, we represent employees who have suffered wrongful termination and employers who are accused of wrongful termination.
Contact Freeland Law APC for a free 30-minute consultation with an experienced employment law attorney serving La Mesa, California and surrounding areas.
Immediate and Thorough Investigation of Wrongful Termination Claims
Employees and employers facing discrimination or retaliation disputes must begin collecting evidence as early as possible. At our firm, we take a strategic approach to collect all necessary evidence in support of your claim or defense. Our attorneys will consult with witnesses, review documents, including correspondence and e-mails, and take quick action to protect your rights.
Wrongful termination cases may arise:
- If an employee reported OSHA or other legal violations and is fired or suffers discipline because of the reporting
- When an employee reports sexual harassment and then claims to have suffered retaliation in the form of wrongful termination or other negative consequence
- If an employee who acted as a whistleblower for illegal conduct alleges he or she was wrongfully terminated or fired as a result of those actions
- If an employee who exercised or attempted to exercise rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims he or she was later terminated for those actions
- If an employee filed a complaint under the Fair Employment and Housing Act and claims to have suffered retaliation by an employer as a result of filing the complaint
Legal Advocacy for Wrongfully Terminated Employees
Unless you are protected by a contract, you are considered an at-will employee. Generally, at-will employees can be fired for any reason, except one that violates a public law or public policy. You cannot be fired for wrongful reasons, including discrimination or retaliation for reporting wrongful conduct of an employer. If you believe that you were wrongfully terminated by a private or public employer, it is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Litigation Strategies and Negotiations in Wrongful Termination Cases
Our firm represents employees and employers in litigation, mediations, arbitration, negotiations and in administrative proceedings involving wrongful termination. For employees who do not wish to seek reinstatement, we will demand compensation in lieu of reinstatement, which may include future loss of earnings; we may also seek emotional distress damages, attorney fees or back pay.
For employers, our goal is to minimize or eliminate liability in wrongful termination claims. We will help you present evidence to show that the termination or negative employment action was warranted and not illegal.
Contact Freeland Law APC to speak directly with La Mesa attorney Michael Freeland, experienced employment lawyer serving East County including but not limited to El Cajon, Lakeside, La Mesa, Spring Valley, Santee, Ramona, Julian, Lemon Grove, Alpine, Jamul and Del Cerro, California.
Free 30-minute consultation · Credit cards accepted