La Mesa Retaliation Lawyer
El Cajon California Employee Discrimination Attorney
Addressing claims of racial discrimination or discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender, age, religion or disability is costly to employers and employees alike. In addition to the emotional toll on employees, they may fear retaliation in the form of a demotion or job loss if they raise objections. At the same time, employers cannot afford loss of productivity while diverting time and efforts to employment litigation.
At Freeland Law APC, we assist employees and employers engaged in discrimination or retaliation disputes. Contact us for a free consultation with an experienced employment law attorney serving La Mesa, California and surrounding areas.
Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims
Our firm represents clients in hearings, litigation and negotiations concerning:
- Allegations of discrimination and/or harassment based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability and pregnancy;
- Claims of failure to accommodate a disability or failure to engage in the interactive process regarding a medical condition;
- Alleged violations of state and/or federal laws governing medical or pregnancy leave, including but not limited to leave granted under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Pregnancy Leave Act or California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law or California Family Rights Act;
- Failure to promote, suspensions, letters of warning, letters of reprimand, demotion, failure to transfer, failure to hire, wrongful termination, salary reductions or other negative changes in work conditions allegedly resulting from discrimination or in retaliation;
- Claims of sexual harassment, same sex sexual harassment and sexual orientation harassment, such as sexual lewd jokes, inappropriate touching, staring, shunning, or other action meant to make the employee feel uncomfortable based on his or her gender, sexual preference or sexual attributes;
- Claims of retaliation based on the employee filing a complain or taking action with management or a governmental entity such as the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); and,
- Whistleblower actions
Defense for Employers
Retaliation, harassment and discrimination claims can result in costly litigation for employers, in addition to the risk of serious penalties and damages. If an employee has raised discrimination or retaliation claims, consult with an attorney immediately to begin an investigation. We will help you challenge the claims and avoid or minimize your liability.
Advocacy for Employees
You do not have to suffer in silence or wait in fear of being terminated; if you are an employee enduring discriminatory practices, look to an experienced attorney to protect your interests. Michael Freeland will help you identify your objectives and devise a plan tailored to your specific goals, whether they include rehire or collection of monetary damages.
Contact Freeland Law APC to speak directly with La Mesa attorney Michael Freeland, experienced employment lawyer serving East County including but not limited to El Cajon, Lakeside, La Mesa, Spring Valley, Santee, Ramona, Julian, Lemon Grove, Alpine, Jamul and Del Cerro, California.
Free 30-minute consultation · Credit cards accepted